MHSalute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

2018 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

5659720291_6994e5da22.jpg

1. Cleveland Browns: Josh Allen.  Wyoming QB. Rumor is Josh Rosen doesn’t want to play for the Cleveland Browns, the Browns skip over Sam Darnold and his wonky throwing motion. The Browns select Josh Allen with the first overall pick.
  2. New York Giants: Sam Darnold, USC QB. The Giants have come out saying they plan on keeping Eli Manning, in my opinion Darnold would be better suited to sit behind Eli over Josh Rosen, as Rosen is ready to be a day one starter and he may have a poor attitude if he is not a day one starter. The Giants have bigger holes to fill over QB I think they trade back with a team who needs one.
  3. Indianapolis Colts: Connor Williams, Texas OT. The Colts haven’t done a good job in protecting Andrew Luck, Williams is one of the top tackles in this year’s class provided he can stay healthy. Saquon Barkley will probably be drafted here, I just can’t see the Colts passing on an O-linemen.
  4. Cleveland Browns (via Houston): Saquon Barkley, Penn State RB. Barkley is the best Running Back in this loaded RB class, Browns get their QB and RB of the future with two top 5 picks. Could see Minkah Fitzpatrick here as the Browns secondary was terrible.
  5. Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame OG. The Broncos would be stupid to pass on Josh Rosen if he fell to them at the 5th pick. I think the Broncos sign Kirk Cousins in free agency. Nelson is the top offensive linemen in this draft and probably the best guard to come out in the past few years, the Broncos can’t miss with Nelson.
  6. New York Jets: Josh Rosen, UCLA QB. The Jets need a Franchise Quarterback in the worst way and with a bit of luck Josh Rosen falls into the Jets lap. I believe for this to happen the Jets would have to trade up.
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bradley Chubb, N.C. State DE. The Buccaneers had little to no pass rush this season with the league worst 22 sacks. Bradley Chubb is the best pass rusher in this year’s draft and had 20 sacks the last two seasons.
  8. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, SMU WR, The Bears are desperate for a wide receiver with the worst passing attack in the NFL this season, Sutton could gain some weight but is a big WR at 6’4 216 LBS and would be a great target for Mitchell Trubisky, Sutton had at least nine touchdowns each of the last three seasons.
  9. San Francisco 49ers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama DB. With Fitzpatrick surprisingly still on the board the 49ers go BPA (Best Player Available), the Alabama DB can play both CB and FS better than anyone in this draft and will not fall out of the top Ten.
  10. Oakland Raiders: Roquan Smith, Georgia LB. The Raiders defense wasn’t as good as most thought it might be with Khalil Mack previous Defensive player of the year, Roquan Smith is a stud at LB and probably one of the best off the ball LBs in recent years.
  11. Miami Dolphins: Derwin James, Florida State S. There are some rumblings of the Dolphins possibly going after a QB, but I think they stick with Ryan Tannehill and select Derwin James the versatile safety.
  12.  Cincinnati Bengals: Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame OT. The Bengals have lost key offensive linemen in previous years and displayed no control of the line of scrimmage. McGlinchey is a big strong offensive tackle and will provide a huge boost to the Cincy o-line.
  13. Washington Redskins: Baker Mayfield.  Oklahoma QB. One way or another I don’t believe Kirk Cousins will be back for the Redskins, that being said, the Redskins take Baker Mayfield. The Redskins could take Josh Allen, but I think Baker Mayfield would be a better fit.
  14. Green Bay Packers: Arden Key, LSU DE. The Packers defense have a couple needs on defense I could see them taking a DB (Derwin James) here, Arden Key has top 10 potential as a freak of an athlete, but Key also has some issues off the field. Key could be huge for the Packers if he stays healthy and out of trouble.
  15. Arizona Cardinals: Josh Allen, Wyoming QB. With Carson Palmer deciding to retire the Cardinals need a quarterback, I see them signing a veteran in FA which gives Josh Allen time to adjust to the NFL. Josh Allen can develop into one of the better QBs if he can get his accuracy under control.
  16. Baltimore Ravens, Calvin Ridley, Alabama WR. Baltimore needs a No. 1 WR, Ridley is 6-1 and 190 lbs, he is not the biggest but can get separation with his speed and has played in the biggest games with Alabama consistently playing for championships. Could be a big deep threat for Joe Flacco.
  17. Los Angeles Chargers: Vita Vea, Washington DT. The Chargers add depth and get stronger on defense with the selection of Vita Vea.  Vea is 6-5 and 340 lbs he has real NFL strength and is virtually impossible to move.
  18. Seattle Seahawks: Josh Jackson, Iowa CB. The Seahawks find their eventual replacement for Richard Sherman. Josh Jackson 6-1 192 lbs. has excellent ball skills and would fit perfectly with the Seahawks, Jackson had his best season in 2017 with 8 interceptions.
  19. Dallas Cowboys: James Washington, Oklahoma State. With Dez Bryant getting older and uncertainty with his future with the Cowboys, The Cowboys select the speedy/deep threat WR Washington who should fit in nicely.
  20. Detroit Lions: Derrius Guice, LSU RB. When is the last time the Detroit Lions had a running game? The Lions elect to help Matt Stafford by selecting Derrius Guice who is 5-11 220 lbs, he has the talent to turn the Lions running game around. This would be a great fit.
  21. Buffalo Bills: Lamar Jackson, Louisville QB. The Bills aren’t sold on Tyrod Taylor and will probably let him leave in free agency. Jackson has elite speed as a QB along with a strong arm, I think pairing Jackson with LeSean Mccoy would be a dangerous one two punch.
  22. Buffalo Bills (Via Kansas City): Orlando Brown, Oklahoma OT. With back to back picks the Bills could look to move up for one of the top quarterbacks in the draft. There is buzz that Brown will be a better Right Tackle rather than a Left tackle which could cause him to slip down draft boards. Brown is a mountain of a man at 6-8 345 lbs.
  23. Los Angeles Rams: Denzel Ward, Ohio State CB. The Rams will need to add at least one CB this offseason with multiple CBs hitting free agency. Ohio State seems to produce top rated DBs year after year. Denzel Ward is a bit smaller but very productive as a CB and wont shy away from the big stage.
  24. Carolina Panthers: Christian Kirk, Texas A&M WR. The Panthers could go offensive lineman here, the Panthers need a speedy wide receiver who can create a little separation I see them taking a WR here even if it’s not Christian Kirk. Kirk is 5-11 200 lbs.
  25. Tennessee Titans: Ronnie Harrison, Alabama S. I could see the Titans taking a pass rusher however they need to improve their safety play. Harrison is a bit of a hybrid safety/linebacker and might be able to cover the slot from time to time.
  26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mark Andrews, Oklahoma TE. The Jaguars are a good quarterback away from making a deep run in the playoffs look for them to add a Veteran QB in the offseason. Mark Andrews is 6-5 254 lbs, a big pass catching tight end which should create a security blanket for Blake Bortles or whoever the Jags sign in FA.
  27. Atlanta Falcons: Maurice Hurst, Michigan DT. Vic Beasley would benefit greatly off the edge with the addition of Maurice Hurst. Hurst was essentially unlockable in college at 6-2 280 lbs, he even elected to stay in school an extra year to define his skills.
  28. New Orleans Saints: Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State QB. Drew Brees isn’t getting any younger, the Saints are rumored to have interest in Baker Mayfield I just don’t think they will be able to grab him. Rudolph has a pretty deep ball and will learn a lot from Brees while sitting the bench and just might be a good replacement for Brees when he decides to hang it up.
  29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech. LB. With Ryan Shazier injury this past season, the Steelers look for his replacement and draft Edmunds a young but extremely athletic linebacker who can potentially grow into a really good LB with the right coaches.
  30. Minnesota Vikings: Billy Price, Ohio State OG/C. Billy Price is a versatile player he can play both guard positions and even center. Both starting guards for the Vikings have expiring contract this offseason, Billy Price not only would be an upgrade at the guard position but could potentially be a ten year starter for the Vikings.
  31. Philadelphia Eagles: Kolton Miller, UCLA OT. With Jason Peters age and terrible knee injury this past season, the Eagles look for Peters replacement. Kolton Miller is 6-8 300 lbs and could make an immediate impact as a pass protector.The only concern with Miller is he lacks experience as an offensive tackle.
  32. New England Patriots: Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan OT. At the end of the season the Patriots LT Nate Solder is set to become a free agent, unfortunately for Solder he is going through family issues which may force him to retire.  The Patriots might have bigger needs in the offseason but keeping an aging Tom Brady healthy should take priority.

Hope you enjoyed this mock draft.

BroncosFanForum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users