MHSalute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

What Should the Denver Broncos do if Quarterbacks go 1 – 4 in the NFL Draft

5659720291_6994e5da22.jpg

The NFL draft is approaching and more quarterback needy teams are looking to trade into the top five like the New York Jets. That being said there is a real possibility that we could see quarterbacks come off the board 1 through 4, if that’s the case, the Broncos will be sitting there with the 5th overall pick and the ability to choose from the very best players available in this year’s draft. In this scenario I believe the top rated players on the Broncos draft board would be Bradley Chubb (DE, NC State), Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn St.), and Quenton Nelson (G, Notre Dame), all other top rated players could be had by simply trading back. Obviously with the Broncos trading for Su’a Cravens, top rated DBs like Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James no longer make much sense. As much as the Broncos could use offensive line help I don’t see John Elway taking a Guard with the fifth overall pick, so that takes Quenton Nelson off the board for me. That leaves us with Bradley Chubb a player who dramatically improves the Broncos d-line and pass rush or Saquon Barkley an elite playmaker out of the backfield with the talent to score at any moment. As the offseason plays out I get the feeling the Broncos are targeting Saquon Barkley as their fifth overall pick. Barkley not only takes pressure off of Case Keenum but he also helps improve the offensive line, and we all know how bad the Broncos offensive line and quarterback play have been the past few years. Why not draft a player who can help improve multiple positions on the offense? Personally I don’t care what the Broncos choose to do with the fifth overall pick as long as they have a plan set in place and stick to it.

First Round Pick #5

Saquon Barkley, RB Penn St.

Second Round Pick #40

Hayden Hurst, TE NC State

Third Round Pick #71

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB Oklahoma

Compensatory Pick #99

Martinas Rankin, OT Miss State

Fourth Round Pick #106

Luke Falk, QB Washington State

Fourth Round Pick #113

Nathan Shepherd, DL Fort Hays State